Shop the YW&D Store
Be sure to visit often to check out a mix of items that may be helpful as you navigate your widowed journey.
The One Thing: 100 Widows Share Lessons on Love, Loss, and Life – COMING SOON!
A diverse group of women from the United States, Canada and other countries shares insights into widowhood – from the raw stages of grief to rebuilding following the loss of a spouse.
Writing & Widowing: Journaling the Journey (PDF Download)
Sixty journal prompts designed to help you reflect on your widowed journey. Explore thought-provoking questions while openly and honestly moving to a place of healing.
Respond to prompts such as:
- What would you say to your in-laws if there was no fear of retaliation?
- Would your spouse have married the “new” you?
- What are your frustrations with dating post-loss?
Writing & Widowed: Journal the Journey allows you to:
- Skip around, reflect, then come back to write your feelings
- Reap the rewards of journaling and writing
- Bind the finished journal and use it as a keepsake
1. Purchase and download the journal.
2. Download the journal to your NOTES app.
3. Open the journal in the NOTES app.
4. Single tap on the journal. You’ll be able to turn to which ever page you’d like to begin journaling – remember questions don’t have to be answered in order.
5. Click on the toolbox – some may call it a briefcase.
6. Single tap on the text button.
7. Type your entry and begin journaling.
8. Hit “DONE” to save entry.
9. Repeat steps 4-9 each time you return to journal.
10. Happy journaling!
1. Purchase and download the journal to your device.
2. Download the “Write on PDF” (Samsung Electronics) app from the Google Play Store.
3. Open the app and you’ll see the journal, Writing & Widowing”. Click on it and the PDF will open. You’ll be able to turn to which ever page you’d like to begin journaling – remember questions don’t have to be answered in order.
4. When you locate the question you want to answer, Click the Text icon at the top of the page and begin typing.
5. When you’re done with your entry(ies), hit the “MORE” button (upper right) and select “SAVE”.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 each time you return to journal.
7. Happy journaling!
To purchase, please click the button below (and be sure to click “RETURN TO MERCHANT” after the transaction is complete where you’ll be able to download PDF):
Widowed But Not Wounded: The Hustle & Flow of 13 Resilient Black Widowed Women (print and e-book available)
This introductory book celebrates the life and work of thirteen black widowed women who have chosen to document their resilience in life after a loss. Widowed, But Not Wounded is rich in love, laughter and grief yet also touching on several of the five stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance).
Order a hard copy below – U.S. only: